Location: Anywhere USA 🇺🇸 or Canada 🇨🇦
How to apply: Email firstname.lastname@example.org
Calixa is a customer platform for product-led companies. It gives superpowers to customer facing teams. No longer are teams stuck in outdated CRMs, jumping across 9 browser tabs, or struggling with SQL. Calixa unifies the data across all the tools you use and gives you one place to understand customers and take action. It is the one tool product-led companies need to manage their customers across their entire journey.
If you wanna learn a bit more, read our launch blog post.
Calixa is a distributed startup. Our team of 8 lives in California 🇺🇸 Vancouver🇨🇦 and Medellin🇨🇴 . You can live anywhere that's in PST to EST. The company was founded by serial startup people (Thomas & Fred) who've had multiple successful startup outcomes and worked early at large tech companies (Twilio, Sift, Google, Zillow, AdMob, Amazon). The company is well funded by Kleiner Perkins who has backed companies like Figma, Cameo, Slack, Plaid, Rippling.
About Your Role
Design is critical to our success as a company. Up to now, we've been getting by with the help of our designer friends freelancing with us. It's now time to hire someone to own Design for Calixa.
We are looking for someone who is comfortable working end to end on projects with a PM, Engineers, and our Customer team. You'll have full liberty to figure things out and reimagine any and all parts of our design. We're designing a product that we want users to live in. We want users to be able to get their job effectively in an interface that's both intuitive and delightful.
Here's a bit more about the role:
- You'll report to the CEO, Thomas. He knows he's not a designer and will look for you to drive Design as a discipline at Calixa.
- You'll work closely with PM and Engineers to spec, scope, design, and build features.
- You'll take projects from end to end. So you'll likely be a generalist at heart who is comfortable with all stages of the design and development process.
- We're a startup so we're looking for someone who is excited by ambiguity and experimentation. Our job is to ship quickly, learn from what we ship, and iterate.
- You'll own and evolve our Design system. We have some stuff in place today but look to you to tell us where it should go.
- You'll listen to customers and figure out what we do well and what we need to improve. You'll make sure that we're always thinking about users in everything we build.
- You have 5+ years experience as a Product Designer.
- You a strong command of visual design and interaction design.
- You're a generalist who's comfortable with driving a design process from beginning to end.
- You believe that B2B apps should delight customers.
- You have experience building UIs for non-technical to semi-technical users.
- You love working collaboratively with PMs and Designers. You believe that great things happen when Design, PM, and Engineering leverage each others strengths.
- You're comfortable making decisions with limited information. At this stage of the company, we value action and experimentation. If you end up being wrong, you own it, learn from it, and take another stab.