Location: Anywhere that's in GMT-3 to GMT-10
How to apply: Email firstname.lastname@example.org
Calixa gives GTM teams the product insights they need to find, close, and grow customers in a sea of self‑serve signups. We make it efficient for product-led sales teams to prioritize the right customers and take efficient action. If you wanna learn a bit more, read our launch blog post.
Calixa is a distributed startup. You can live anywhere that's in timezones GMT-3 to GMT-10. Our team of 16 lives in US 🇺🇸 Canada🇨🇦 , Colombia🇨🇴 , and Brazil🇧🇷..
The company was founded by serial startup people (Thomas & Fred) who've had multiple successful startup outcomes and worked early at large tech companies (Twilio, Sift, Google, Zillow, AdMob, Amazon). The company is well funded by Kleiner Perkins who has backed companies like Figma, Cameo, Slack, Plaid, Rippling.
About the Role
We are looking for a senior software engineer to join the team who has a passion for building systems that power customer experiences. We're at the early stages of this company so there's lots to build. You'll be part of a core, close-knit team that works directly with our CTO & cofounder to design and build key systems.
What you'll be doing:
- You'll communicate and document architectural designs and requirements.
- You'll provide feedback to other engineers on their designs.
- You'll work with your teammates to build.
- You'll act like an owner. No task is beneath you.
- You'll work closely with our product manager and product designer to scope projects, design new capabilities, and launch features.
- You'll love understanding how customers use our product and how what we are building will improve their lives.
- Help interview and recruit new engineers for the team.
Our ideal candidate looks something like this:
- You have 7+ years of experience as a software engineer. Experience with Java, Python, or object oriented programming.
- You deal well with ambiguity. In fact, it's even exciting to you.
- You love owning and driving projects. You're excited by working with others and helping them achieve a common goal.
- You believe we are stronger together as a team. You are willing to collaborate with all team members and addresses issues directly with an open mind.
- You have experience solving problems with online, customer-facing production systems and building solutions and automations to prevent them from reoccurring.
- You have experience with distributed systems design handling 10K+ QPS processing large volumes of data in a fault tolerant, multi-tenant environment.
- You have experience with cloud infrastructure with either GCP or AWS with 100s or 1000s of nodes, instances spanning geographic regions.