Location: Anywhere Canada 🇨🇦 or USA 🇺🇸.
How to apply: Email email@example.com
Calixa is a customer platform for product-led companies. It gives superpowers to customer facing teams. No longer are teams stuck in outdated CRMs, jumping across 9 browser tabs, or struggling with SQL. Calixa unifies the data across all the tools you use and gives you one place to understand customers and take action. It is the one tool product-led companies need to manage their customers across their entire journey.
If you wanna learn a bit more, read our launch blog post.
Calixa is a distributed startup. Our team of 8 lives in California 🇺🇸 Vancouver🇨🇦 and Medellin🇨🇴 . You can live anywhere that's in PST to EST. The company was founded by serial startup people (Thomas & Fred) who've had multiple successful startup outcomes and worked early at large tech companies (Twilio, Sift, Google, Zillow, AdMob, Amazon). The company is well funded by Kleiner Perkins who has backed companies like Figma, Cameo, Slack, Plaid, Rippling.
About the Role
We are looking for a senior software engineer to join the team who has a passion for building systems that power customer experiences. We're at the early stages of this company so there's lots to build. You'll be part of a core, close-knit team that works directly with our CTO & cofounder to design and build key systems.
What you'll be doing:
- You'll communicate and document architectural designs and requirements.
- You'll provide feedback to other engineers on their designs.
- You'll work with your teammates to build.
- You'll act like an owner. No task is beneath you.
- You'll work closely with our product manager and product designer to scope projects, design new capabilities, and launch features.
- You'll love understanding how customers use our product and how what we are building will improve their lives.
- Help interview and recruit new engineers for the team.
Our ideal candidate looks something like this:
- You have 7+ years of experience as a software engineer. Experience with Java, Python, or object oriented programming.
- You deal well with ambiguity. In fact, it's even exciting to you.
- You love owning and driving projects. You're excited by working with others and helping them achieve a common goal.
- You believe we are stronger together as a team. You are willing to collaborate with all team members and addresses issues directly with an open mind.
- You have experience solving problems with online, customer-facing production systems and building solutions and automations to prevent them from reoccurring.
- You have experience with distributed systems design handling 10K+ QPS processing large volumes of data in a fault tolerant, multi-tenant environment.
- You have experience with cloud infrastructure with either GCP or AWS with 100s or 1000s of nodes, instances spanning geographic regions.