Location: Anywhere Canada 🇨🇦 or USA 🇺🇸.
How to apply: Email firstname.lastname@example.org
Calixa is a customer platform for product-led companies. It gives superpowers to customer facing teams. No longer are teams stuck in outdated CRMs, jumping across 9 browser tabs, or struggling with SQL. Calixa unifies the data across all the tools you use and gives you one place to understand customers and take action. It is the one tool product-led companies need to manage their customers across their entire journey.
If you wanna learn a bit more, read our launch blog post.
Calixa is a distributed startup. Our team of 11 lives in US 🇺🇸 Canada 🇨🇦 and Medellin🇨🇴 . You can live anywhere that's in PST to EST. The company was founded by serial startup people (Thomas & Fred) who've had multiple successful startup outcomes and worked early at large tech companies (Twilio, Sift, Google, Zillow, AdMob, Amazon). The company is well funded by Kleiner Perkins who has backed companies like Figma, Cameo, Slack, Plaid, Rippling.
About the Role
We are looking for a frontend engineer to join the team who has a passion for building intuitive, performant, and delightful user experiences. We believe that our front-end will be a critical differentiator for us long term.
You'll be working directly with our lead front-end engineer(Noah), backend engineers, product designer, and product manager. This is a role where you can contribute a lot as well as learn a lot. We're committed to your success.
What you'll be doing:
- You'll be focused on Calixa's user interface. It's the sole way users interact with Calixa.
- You'll be building new features and products as well as iterating on existing ones.
- You'll work closely with our product manager and product designer to scope projects, design new capabilities, and launch features.
- You'll love understanding how customers use our product and how what we are building will improve their lives.
- You'll communicate and document designs/requirements.
- You'll provide feedback to other engineers on their designs.
- You'll act like an owner. No task is beneath you.
- Help interview and recruit new engineers for the team.
Our ideal candidate looks something like this:
- You have 2 to 4 years of experience as a front-end engineer.
- You deal well with ambiguity. In fact, it's even exciting to you.
- Experience working with React.
- An understanding in browser concepts (eg how the browser renders a page)
- Experience writing automated tests.